The 2020 Mahindra Scorpio is available in 4 variants – S5, S7, S9, and S11, as in comparison with BS4 model that got here with eight trims, and the carmaker has additionally eliminated All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) and computerized transmission choices.
The 2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 solely is available in four variants and drops the automated & AWD trims
Early this week Mahindra launched particulars in regards to the soon-to-be-launched BS6 compliant Scorpio SUV on its web site. The Mahindra Scorpio is without doubt one of the extra standard monikers from the home-grown automaker, and the up to date mannequin is predicted to be launched later this month. While visually, the BS6 compliant Mahindra Scorpio won’t look all that totally different, the corporate has made some appreciable adjustments and has additionally rejigged the variant record. Here is all the pieces it’s worthwhile to know in regards to the 2020 Mahindra Scorpio.
Also Read: Mahindra Scorpio BS6 Specifications Revealed; Loses AT And 4WD Variants
- The 2020 Mahindra Scorpio is available in solely 4 variants – S5, S7, S9, and S11, as in comparison with BS4 model that got here with eight trims. The carmaker has dropped each All-Wheel-Drive (AWD) and computerized choices, making the 2020 Scorpio a diesel-manual-only Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) SUV.
Also Read: Next-Gen Mahindra Scorpio Caught Testing
- Visually, the BS6 Scorpio stays unchanged and continues to return with the identical 7-slot grille, massive projector headlamps, LED information lights, spherical fog lamps with chrome accents and a hood scoop. The SUV additionally continues to get the 17-inch 5-spoke alloy wheels, ORVMs with flip indicators, chrome applique on the tailgate, and vertically stacked crimson lens LED back lights.
- The Mahindra Scorpio comes with four totally different choices for the cabin format. The basic 7-seat side-facing possibility comes with a bench seat within the center and two side-facing soar seats for the third row. The 9-seat aspect dealing with format gives a bench seat within the center row and bigger side-facing soar seats on the rear which the corporate claims can seat four passengers. The 7-seat front-facing format gives two captain seats within the second row and one bench seat for the third row, whereas the 8-seat front-facing format gives bench seats for each second and third rows.
- The 2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 continues to get the identical options as earlier than. So, the top-end variant of the SUV gives options like a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Bluetooth, AUX-IN, USB connectivity together with GPS navigation. The SUV additionally will get fake leather-based upholstery, computerized local weather management, steering-mounted audio controls, cruise management, and rear AC vents.
- In phrases of security choices, 2020 Mahindra Scorpio BS6 comes with options like – twin airbags, ABS, velocity alert, anti-theft warning, rear parking digicam with dynamic pointers, rain and light-weight sensors, velocity sensing door lock and panic brake indicator.
- The BS6 Mahindra Scorpio now comes with just one engine on provide – a BS6 compliant 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine that’s tuned to churn out 138 bhp and 320 Nm of peak torque. As for transmission duties, the entry-level S5 variant comes paired with 5-speed guide gearbox, whereas the remainder of the variants get a 6-speed guide transmission. The Scorpio was beforehand additionally provided with a 6-speed computerized torque converter, which is now not on provide with the BS6 mannequin.
- Given the lockdown issued because of the coronavirus outbreak, the corporate has introduced that there was a delay within the manufacturing of the brand new BS6 Mahindra Scorpio, which can start after the lockdown is eliminated. Currently, the lockdown is slated to finish on April 14, 2020.
For the newest auto information and critiques, observe CarandBike on Twitter, Facebook, and subscribe to our YouTube channel.